This is collection of errors i found after buying Naza M Flight Controller, hope it helps someone out there. This page updated every time i found problems in my uav drones and in this case i am using DJI Flight Controller. Drone hobby need lots of patience, after crash and crash you have to keep learn WHY it’s happening and try to fix that. In aerial photography and video business, you must have lots of sparepart !! lots of it, after crash sometimes one component is broken and you have to replace it immediately, i am not talking you have to order every single item that need to be replaced.
There is just some basic adjustment or very specific case to solve the problem. This is the BASIC CHECKING
- Calibrate Compass with turning around the drone
- IMU Calibration, Advanced calibration will be much better
- Check in Naza Assistant and make sure no errors
- Calibrate Transmitter in Naza Assistant
- Calibrate your Transmitter for ex Turnigy, FrSky, Futaba, etc
- Check your COG (Center Of Gravity) and make sure it’s not heavy to one direction also make SURE The NAZA FC is mounted at the COG spot
- Make Naza Flight Controller Arrow facing FRONT of your copter
- Check the propellers direction is CORRECT
Roll error/to the right or left or YAW error:
- Check BASIC SETTINGS above
- I experienced this error a while ago, it seems the transmitter (my Turnigy 9x with OpenTX) transmitting not accurate VALUE to Naza Flight Controller, open Naza Assistant Software, in window CHANNEL MONITOR on main page the number on these value is too high (more/less than 10), i solve it by tuning my Turnigy with precise number. Number 0(zero) is perfect but i get around 3 or 5 and these numbers keep changing even i dont touch it.
- Change YAW setting in naza software around 100 or 200%, Check the green arrow in RC calibration or trim it if necessary
- When everything is correct, make sure you use SAME ESC and SAME MOTOR on each legs. In my last problem i am using different ESC even it’s the same SIMONK firmware ESC for multirotor, 1 different esc can become a problem
Hard to control when take off: it’s usually in manual mode, try takeoff in ATTI
How to check if the quadcopter fly normaly before testing in outdoor and before it hits someone because of misbehaviour: Hold the drone with your hand, make it fly IN YOUR HAND and check the feel normally using your transmitter on the other hand until its stable enough to take outdoor, confidence is very important before it lands on stranger property.
One of my motor is very hot: check the CG, Calibrate IMU or using Advanced Calibration, if you have OSD you can check the virtual horizon in your Screen, check the weight and how capable your plane can handle lots of weight
Flip when take off:
Do some BASIC checking (read on the start of this article)
When above not solve the problem:
- Calibrate all ESC with throttle from receiver https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_continue=41&v=DfTdCVwZYHQ
- Calibrate Compass using Naza dance
- Calibrate IMU .. or advance calibration if available
If still face any problem, could be hardware problem, start checking ESC by swapping all with a new one
Naza flying twitchy and erratic while hovering: Lower basic gain in Naza Software Assistant, you should check one by one, starting from ROLL ONLY, PITCH ONLY, YAW ONLY, etc.. set the value using your transmitter so you can see the effect while in flight.
It could be ESC too, is nothing works change all ESC from other drone or buy a new one
Rapid and quick RED light in LED module: there is 2 answer for this, LOW POWER/battery depleted or there is other errors which cannot be displayed by LED light so you must connect the drone using Naza Assistant and see what kind of error in your Naza.
Can i build cool OSD in my Naza with low budget and cheap components? Yes you can, the board called MinimOSD which is used in APM, VRBrain and Pixhawk but the task is huge and wasting time but it’s do’able’ . Fast route will be using iOSD from DJI then you can use it instantly without soldering with large magnifier glasses specialized for working with small components/SMD
Some thought after you experience hard CRASH (hit tree, walls, drop from minimum 1 meters, etc):
- Do some BASIC checking first
- Check the crash site and make there is no component left behind, sometimes i know there is missing part after i got home
- Check all component before fly again and do some test with your hand, it’s not recommended to fly right away without any testing